PDA

View Full Version : First dream with my father in it since he died.

heatherton
09-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I guess I hadn't thought about the fact that after my father died I would eventually have a dream that included him. It's been a little over 2 weeks since he passed away and I had such a dream last night. Nothing particularly weird, we were in the parking lot at some national park next to a lake or ocean, I was on the sidewalk in front of the car and he was walking towards me with a limp in one leg. Whole thing lasted maybe 30 seconds. Didn't freak me out or nothing.

Wondering how soon some others here have had dreams that included their lost parents, spouces, children etc. after they died? And how they felt after the dream.

Phyls daughter
09-14-2008, 05:40 AM
I started having dreams about mum in the first week after she died, that was 7 weeks ago. They were dreams about her being sick, but not dead. They weren't disturbing dreams either, I had a dream about her almost every night for about 2 weeks. But other members of my family haven't dreamed about her. I guess everyone is different.

fate13
10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I dreamt about my mom about 1 wk - 2 wks after she died. June 4th, 08

She had been sick nearly all my life. I actually had a dream about 2 weeks before she died. She was in a bed, like a hospital bed, and just said "I'm too tired." She looked healthy. After she died I had a dream she was there but never said anything. Next dream I had she was in a large crowd of people. It was very vivid I remember the clothes she had on. We spotted each other and met up and gave eachother huge hugs. I asked her how she was doing. She shrugger and said "I'm alright." And that was it.

I'm looking forward to my next dream.