PDA

View Full Version : Terrified- Possible Nodular Melanoma

G8r4evr
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

I have a BCC removed from my upper back last year and have been very vigilant since then. Soon after, I got pregnant and recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. About a year ago, I noticed a a small clear bump on my back, but with all of the other dark moles on my body, I blew that one off. Just this past week, I noticed that it seemed to have gotten bigger (by my touch, its placement kept me from seeing it clearly). So I went in and they removed it for biopsy on Friday....and now, I wait. I originally though it was another basal cell, but now Im reading that it could be a non pigmented nodular melanoma and Im starting to panic. Being the nodular variety, I know it spreads fast and it has been there for at least year I think. Now Im self diagnosising (I have a sore back and have had a lingering cough for a few months, so Im thinking it is in the nodes). Im so scared, I dont want to leave behind my little one so young =( I dont know how Im going to make it til Friday.

4given1
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Take a deep breath...

Believe me, I KNOW it's scary! Seems we have a lot in common -- poking around online looking for possibilities, hoping for some peace of mind! I had a small flesh-colored growth removed last week and am still awaiting word. It was new; came up fairly quickly, and looked a lot like a dysplastic nevi I had removed a couple years ago. Anyway, I asked my derm what her level of concern was, and she didn't seem to be at all. She mentioned that amelanotic (colorless) melanomas are very rare.

I'll say a prayer for your anxiety and your results. (Please see the verse in my signature for encouragement! :)

G8r4evr
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks 4Given! My derm didnt seem overly concerned, but she was definitely more concerned that she has been with some of my others. Especially when I told her it seemed to have gotten bigger recently.

I have a ton of dysplatics, but there are all brown or black, this one is white...thats whats worrying me =(

4given1
09-21-2008, 01:24 PM
What did you find out about this one? I see that you had a dysplastic elsewhere. Was this one normal?