PDA

View Full Version : wart like sore on knuckle

judybharris
09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I have what I thought was a wart but I have treated it with an OTC wart remover for a couple of months and it is just getting bigger and sorer. It is very hard and rough, about the size of a pencil eraser and the skin around it has peeled, turned red and is somewhat swollen. I cannot bend my finger very much. I would like to think this is just a wart and hopefully my dermatologist can remove it, but since I cannot get an appointment for another couple of weeks I would be open to other views.

mahnee
09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
There are some warts that are just really hard to be rid of with OTC products. So even if it is a wart - your doctor can try to freeze/burn it off.

There are other types of precancerous skin spots that can be crusty and resemble a wart and they are also frozen/burnt off. So relax until you get to the derm. He/she will know which it is and since treatment is basically the same, you will be covered either way. :)

If treatment doesn't work and it comes back - I would suggest that you have your doctor biopsy it. :)