PDA

View Full Version : Dark Circles under the eyes--Allergic Shiners

magilla45
09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi friends--can anyone help???
I have serious dark circles under my eyes and nothing seems to help. I also have very serious allergies and asthma. Recently someone told me about milkcream but I can't find it or a recipe for it with respect on how much to use etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CircusSquirrel
09-16-2008, 07:11 AM
I have genetic dark circles, mostly because my skin is very thin.
I occassionally get the "allergy eyes" look in certain seasons.
I have only found a couple of obvious things that help: really trying hard to get a good amount of sleep, not being vigorous in cleansing or rubbing the eye area, and of course, taking allergy meds.
One product I swear has worked (and it is a major product, not an MLM thing and I have no ties to it) is called Teamine. It is a small little jar that you dab under your eyes morning and night. It is about $30-40 per jar, but the jar lasts a long time. It was recommended by my dermatologist and it is not a "miracle" but it really helps decrease the appearance of dark circles if you use it consistently. I think with allergy eyes you definitely want to keep on meds for that, though. My sons get that "racoon look" when their allergies flare, but meds take it away.

andrepp
09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Serious allergies can result in dark circles. See your doctor to get some medicines to take care of your allergies first.

americandancer
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
How do you know if dark circles are from allergies or genetic?

andrepp
09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
The way I see it is if it's genetic the dark circles would be there for ages as long as you can remember. If it's from allergies the problem would come up only after you developed allergies. There's lots of info on the internet about dark circles and allergies. Search around. ;)

pinkpixie001
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I have pretty dark circles under my eyes, and I'm only 20. The only think that even remotely helps me is to massage in vitamin E cream under my eyes every night and morning and then put on a thin layer of concealer to hide the purple. It's lame, but it's all that works for me.