PDA

View Full Version : my hair doesn't stay straight

swimbrat94
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
my hair doesn't stay straight

EllieFrog
09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Doesn't stay straight after you do what to it? Blowdry or straighten it... or something else?

tUrRrRa
09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I also think we can help more if you explain what's going on in a little more detail. I used to have hair that didn't want to stay straight after blow drying, but I started ONLY flat ironing and it helps. I let my hair air dry and then flat iron it. I also flat iron in sections to make sure I don't miss a spot. I like using a heat protecting spray and mist it with a little flexible hold hairspray afterwards to help keep up the style.

If you DO blow dry your hair, my best advice is to make sure your hair is 100% dry. So many hair salons dry my hair MOST of the way and stop. It looks fine at first, but it will frizz later on and not stay straight.

Finest1104
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends if you use any styling products before you blow out your hair. I have very wavy to curly hair...I use a frizz barrier treatment serum from Chemistry (humidity fighting shine serum) comes in a slender pump, you can buy it at a Walgreens store. Put on towel dried hair and use a good hair dryer and a round brush (bristle for more shine or ceramic body brush) and flat iron with a good ceramic iron. You can also try using a buckwheat hull pillow. It's a great pillow that is also good for those with back/neck problems and keeps your head cool. Try these tips..good luck hope it works.

sophie56
09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
A good flat iron will do the trick if you have the patience to section it off and do it right.