PDA

View Full Version : I haven't drunk caffeine for a number of years

lynferguson159
10-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I haven't drunk or taken caffeine for a number of years because it made my anxiety worse at the time. Now I am so laid back, my metabolism is really slow, would drinking tea help, I heard it helps with weight loss?

JohnR41
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
If your metabolism is "really slow", you might try exercising. One way is to get a good pair of walking shoes and go for walks. Start slow (short distances) and increase gradually. You can add workouts with hand weights and that would be helpful too. The trick is to keep it up by making it a permanent part of your lifestyle. It takes some dedication. ;)

tUrRrRa
03-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Agreed... and exercise is GREAT for anxiety. I also have anxiety and took medication in the past and hated it because it caused weight gain and I was so tired all the time. I still drink caffeine (and admire you for quitting! I don't know if I could!) and I'm fine, but if I don't work out, I feel awful. Walking and jogging are some of my favorite hobbies because of how great they make me feel. I like to go the gym with my iPod and just tune out everything else going on. It's relaxing for the mind and great for your body, plus it really beats stress!

And for your tea question... often times I hear that the thing in tea that really helps with weight loss involves the caffeine itself. You can always try a decaff with lower caffeine if you are up to it. I'd recommend green tea. I like the regular herbal kind (many don't have caffeine though) and then I like the diet Lipton citrus kinds that are cold. I don't notice weight loss since I don't drink them every day, but they do help with water weight and bloating very quickly.