PDA

View Full Version : Nodular melanoma

crowheart
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Mid- August I noticed a new growth it was a red pimple sized growth symmetrical slightly raised and about half the diameter of a pencil eraser on my upper arm . This growth did not disappear or resolve, it did itch and the area around it seemed slightly tender. (The weird thing is later I was able to stretch the skin around the growth and the skin when stretched returned to an almost normal color. ) The Derm saw it and said "it looks like something is cooking there." He took it off immediately and I am waiting for the biopsy results. That really scared me I checked the internet and looked at melanoma pictures and the nodular type were the closest to my growth in appearance. I have not slept right for days. I don't know if the growth grew from when I first saw it or not. It seemed to present itself overnight. No bleeding that I could see, but slightly itchy more at first. Has anyone here had a similar experience? I am freaked because I have a 12 year old daughter that I must care for and I already have a serious chronic health condition unrelated to cancer...

jcman01
10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, it sounds like you acted promptly upon noticing it. I think most cases that end up serious are those in which someone ignores it, or just procrastinates.

Sounds like you made all the right steps, and you're odds are better than most.

crowheart
10-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply Derm called today and it was a precancer....