PDA

View Full Version : Question About Mole - Is This Melanoma?

*Robin*
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I have a small mole on my stomach with what looks like a white spot in it. It feels slightly raised but is very small. Does anyone know if this is normal?

sudo59
10-10-2008, 04:51 AM
It is too hard for anyone online to make a diagnosis, besides, I'm pretty sure none of us are Dr.'s. You should just get it checked out. Early detection is key with skin cancers as well as other cancers. Just make an appt. and have it looked at.

sandwood
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I have a small mole on my stomach with what looks like a white spot in it. It feels slightly raised but is very small. Does anyone know if this is normal?

In general most melanomas follow the ABCDE rule: asymmetric shape, fuzzy or irregular border, mixed color, diameter bigger than an eraser and evolve (change). But it doesn't have to fulfill all these rules all the time. There are small melanomas, as small as 2mm and you have a color variation with white (possibly gray) in the middle. Melanoma are flat at first (in situ) then are raised. Never wait, see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Most suspicious moles are negative but the biopsy is usually the only way to determine.

i

mahnee
10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Any mole with different colors should be evaluated. My daughter had a mole that was relatively small but had a white spot in it. I had it biopsied and it was atypical - not melanoma - but atypical. I elected to have it excised to avoid issues later. Not that it would ever turn into melanoma - just that it had the possiblility.