PDA

View Full Version : Basil Cell Carsonoma

Henry1949
10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
My brother was just diagnosed with non malignant basil cell carsonoma I was just diagnosed with malignant basil cell carsonoma. Both of us are having them removed in the next couple of weeks. I understand carsonma's do not usually spread to other parts of the body so what is the difference between malignant and non maligninant. Do I have anything to worry about and will I have to have radiation or other treatments after surgury ? I thought this was a skin cancer but my physician says he may have to go deep to get it all and it will probably leave a bad scar and then I have a 16 % chance of getting anothre one later.

sudo59
10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Where is your BCC located? I had BCC on the left side of my nose. I had Mohs surgery to remove it. My surgery was done at my Dermo's office. He had to go rather deep on mine, close to the bone, to remove it all and if you saw me today you would never ever know that I had had a thing done to my nose at all.

You can do some reading on this site and you will probably find my post that explains it all.

To answer your question on what is the difference between malignant and non-malignant, I don't know. I, granted I am no Dr., assume any BCC is skin cancer... are you sure melanoma was never mentioned, there are different types of cancer, Basal Cell being the most common AND the most curable AND the most easily treated, Squamous Cell is next, and then melanoma.

Make sure you find out exactly what kind you have. If you have any questions on my Mohs surgery please feel free to ask. You may want to also google "Mohs", try not be frightened by the pictures though as I was. Even though mine was very very deep, like I said it is virtually invisible now.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on what you have done.:)

Henry1949
10-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks....I have made my appointment for tomorrow to have it removed.