PDA

View Full Version : Mole regrowth?

bobbykin833
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi guys,

I had a large mole (around 1cmx1cm) cut out from my arm back in July. Obviously the healing process takes a long time with the cut so deep, which is understandable. However, I've noticed that an area of skin near around the top part of the scar has become very dry and hard, furthermore, it often itches.

I'm not sure whether the skin has been damaged and it needs moisturising treatment, or, if the mole is growing back.

My doctor said the chances of the mole growing pack after excision are extremely low. I just want to get some advice before I go and see a doctor about it.

Thaks, B.

mahnee
10-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Considering it was excised - it is probably not the mole growing back. And certainly not this quickly - although I am not saying it is not ever possible.

More than likely, your scar is going thru a healing process because the incision was so invasive. If it continues to worry you, by all means have it looked at. Sometimes our bodies talk to us and we don't listen. :)

bobbykin833
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I've done some more research and it looks like it could be a small keloid forming.

I'm not 100% sure, because most the images online look pretty over the top in comparison, but some of the symptoms are itching, hard raised skin so I'll have my derm check it next week.

I'll keep you updated.

seajay
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Have you found out if it was a keloid? I just posted something similar, although I am caucasian over 40 years old, which is a lower risk category, it looks to be a consideration for me too. I will be going to the dermatologist tomorrow.

bobbykin833
01-05-2009, 06:39 AM
It turned out it was just a bit of exzma that had appeared over the area, even though I've never had exzma before.

My derm said it's reasonably common when the skin has been irritated after the operation. I guess I was wearing micropore tape over the scar about 14 hours a day during the summer to keep it out of the sun.

I'd expect you have a similar sort of thing to what I had. The great thing is, it took two days to heal, your derm will probably perscribe you some topical steroids, and they work very fast!

P.S. I am a 20 year old caucasian.

seajay
01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Thank you for your reply. I just got back from the doctor's appointment and it turns out is was a keloid growth. She injected the site with something to help smooth it out and wants me to come back in eight weeks for another injection.

Stumbling on your post gave me a little insight.

bobbykin833
01-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about that, but good luck with everything.