PDA

View Full Version : Probiotics for Diarrhea

MountainReader
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I've had chronic diarrhea for almost 5 months. I've had multiple blood tests, stool samples and recently a Colonoscopy. So far everything is negative. My GI doc still suspects that antibiotic use might be the cause and he put me on a 10 day course of prescription VSL#3 DS. It is a probiotic that I am to take 2x/day. It has 900 billion bacteria per packet.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has or knows someone who has used this product.

Any side effects from use of this product? Did it work?

hemmy
10-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Hello,

Take a look at this thread,

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=622312&highlight=VSL

Edit-sorry, couldn't seem to make the link clickable. Just do a search here using the phrase 'VSL#3 DS' and you'll see the the thread.

Fritz78
10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I also have had chronic diarreha and stomach problems for a year. My doctor just put me on a probiotic called Align for 28 days. I have had stool samples, blood work, upper GI scope, colonoscopy, celiac test and they can find nothing. My GI doctor says it is Irritable Bowel Syndrom. I have lost 10 pds or more and afraid to eat much because it goes right through me fast. I have been on the Align for 6 days. Can not tell much difference. How about you or anyone else out there? Any suggestions??