PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Of A Hairspray That Doesn't Leave A Residue?

salty
10-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Hello again. When I went to the drs yesterday I noticed I had a white "film" on my hair and I know it was from my hairspray.

Does anyone recommend a hairspray that doesn't leave a residue, holds well, but not too sticky?

If I don't have to pay too much that would be great.

Thank you.

Salty

imtupp
11-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Here are a few tips that may help you out.

1. First of all you have to strip your hair with a chleating shampoo (one that removes mineral build up, chlorine, etc.) There is also a home remedy of baking soda & something else(?)[I'll try find it if you wish to start with this route]

Now that you are working with a fresh palette, when you spray be sure to spray 8-12" away as the bad or not so good ingredients diappate in the air before they reach your hair. If your hair is porous and you spray too close it will grab it up and suck it in and this is where you are left with gooey sticky hair.

Less is better. But if you fill the need to over spray, make sure the first round is dry before you apply the second round.

If you are from the U.S., I am just about positive anybody can purchase from a professional distributor without a license. This is where you buy the product at retailor's cost and would end up with a far superior product than one you purchased at a drugstore/grocery store.

An aerosol spray will dry faster than a non aerosol, mind you with the gov't trying to control the VOC's, this is also impacting the drying time.

Probably one of the most important things to follow that probably nobody does is;

Use the product for what it is for. Example: don't use hairspray to try to set your hair, that is what setting lotions are for. Use only as a finishing product.

Hope this helps.

tup

salty
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank you tup. So glad you wrote. Wish you'd post to my question about the best foundation, mineral makeup or tint for dry skin. No one's answering.

I appreciate it so much when someone writes.

Your post helps a lot.

Thanks again,
Salty

memawof3
11-09-2008, 01:26 PM
hello, iam new here,
i find a hair spray at my local sallys supply!
its called ION AND ITS LIGHT, AND IS NOT STICKY
also has sunscreen in it!
bren

salty
11-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Bren. I don't have a Sally's here anymore, but I'll look for it. I appreciate you writing and welcome to the boards, they are great.

Salty

peppurr
11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I've been using Sebastian Shaper Aerosol for years. I use the ordinary can and not the Plus.
They used to available only at hairdressers' but now I see it in some pharmacies.

kaitlyn04
11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
garnier fructis, strong, extra hold, theyre all good!

salty
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks peppur, isn't is expensive? Does it last awhile?

Salty

salty
11-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thank you kaitlyn. I'm writing them all down.

Salty