PDA

View Full Version : what would cause my 7 year old to start having bm's in her pants again?

jusacrazib
11-02-2008, 02:51 AM
what would cause my 7 year old to start having bm's in her pants again? she wont say anything til i smell it. by this time, its dried to her bottom.

hopetofeelwell1
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi! I'm assuming that your 7 year old must be in the second grade or so. Is she nervous or upset about something that has to do with the other children in her class or her teacher is bothering her? Could she be perhaps lactose intolerant and can't get to the bathroom in time? I'm sure your pediatrician can give you more clues as to what's wrong. I will say a small prayer tonight that your child feels better. Take care--Hopeto--

ZoeGirl
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Constipation can also cause this, and then it will cause the BM to come out involuntarily. You should get her checked out by her dr too. She might be so embarrassed that she won't tell you.

mommzee
11-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi,

My daughter went through a stage at that age. She wouldn't poop in her pants,but there would always be a little bit in her panties because she was holding it in all day at school.(Didn't like doing that at school)

After many stained undies and patient talks about the importance of having bowel movements...we ended up telling her she would be in BIG trouble if she did not "GO" when needed, and there was poo in her pants. We didn't want to go that route,but realized it was something she "Could" control (Rather than a health issue). I'm happy to report,it never happened again :)That was 7 yrs ago.