PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1B Melanoma

mratter
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I had and existing mole removed from my right shin at the end of September that ended up to be melanoma. It came back as .98 mm with a Clark level 4, no ulceration The margins around the mole (from the punch biopsy) were clean. Had the SNB done this past Friday, and the removed two Sentinal Nodes. Now, I'm waiting. The waiting is killing me...I am totally freaked out. I'm 40 years old, with two young children. Just looking for some support......thanks

mahnee
11-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi there. I hope that all turns out well. Be sure to let us know the results.

I am 44 yrs old - with 3 children and I am stage IIB. Thankfully my node biopsy was clean. But I had a deep lesion and it was in a bad area - the sole of my foot. So it was ignored for a long time and had a lot of time to grow before I did anything about it.

The waiting is the worst part. It always seems to take forever. I am thinking positive (good) thoughts for you. :)

mratter
11-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi! The onocologist called yesterday and both of the sentinal nodes are clean. The wide exsision also shows that that melanoma was contained to the original tumor site. I am very relieved, but also understand that I am not out of the woods due to melanoma being a snteaking devil. I have my post-op appt. on Tues. am, and I'm sure that he will get my C/T and PET scan sceduled. I pray that your diagnosis stays good - I will be using this board for information and also updating my informatioon. God Bless!

mahnee
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Very good news! Congrats on that! :) I hope that you continue to do well.