PDA

View Full Version : glycerin: wonders?

broodygirl
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone

So, in ointment for newborn cradle cap it is predominantly glycerine. And in other high street face creams it has 1st. aqua then 2nd glycerine???

So, does this mean a good old bog standard glycerine cream should be goos for your face/ daily moisturising?

tandycipps
11-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone

So, in ointment for newborn cradle cap it is predominantly glycerine. And in other high street face creams it has 1st. aqua then 2nd glycerine???

So, does this mean a good old bog standard glycerine cream should be goos for your face/ daily moisturising?

My Mom used a cream called glycerine and rosewater all my life and she had beautiful skin and looked 20 years younger than her friends(she passed away at 86). I don't know if that was the reason but something made her look good and that is the only thing she ever used.

andrepp
12-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Glycerin is a humectant and absorbs water well from the environment and from the lower layers of skin, thus increasing the amount of water in the surface layers of skin and making the skin look better because it's more hydrated.

salty
12-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I've been wondering the same thing about glycerin. Where can you get the glycerin and rosewater cream?

Or should you just use the glycerin cream? Where do you get that?

Thank you,
Salty

nataliastar
12-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Hi everyone

Glycerin is a good solvent and will soften your skin for sure. However, the effect probably stops right here. It doesn't have any anti-aging ability and it doesn't firm or lift your skin. But sometimes, moisturizing the skin counts a lot against aging itself. So if you have no other options, Glycerin will be good to use. However, with the modern technologies, I would probably use others to keep my skin in shape.

salty
12-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks Nataliastar, I appreciate your writing.

Salty