PDA

View Full Version : Preparation-H for face?

phinia23
11-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi all,
I am just wondering why I watched my mom put Preparation-H on her face today. She keeps it in the refrigerator to make it cold and then she rubs it into her eyes. I thought that this cream was meant to go some place else.... Has anyone ever heard of this? Is my mom just crazy? She claims that it makes the puffiness go away and tightens up her face. Is this some weird beauty secret that I am not aware of? I am all for looking younger, but to what extent? When I find myself rubbing hemorrhoidal cream into my face have I gone too far?:)
I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.
Thanks

diabeticpumper
11-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, yes have heard and done this myself!
It's only a temporary fix for the puffiness/bags under the eyes. Prep H is an antiflammitory cream, yes, intended for elsewhere to reduce inflammation and irritation. Good to have a tube in the beauty drawer for just-in-case! Use sparringly, and rub gently into area.

Also great remedy for poison oak/ivy, again to reduce inflammation and irritation on the affected skin.

Passion1965
11-30-2008, 09:34 AM
LOL.... No, you're mom is not crazy! Many celebrities use this trick. I use it under my eyes and it actually prevents my consealer from sinking into those fine lines. :)