PDA

View Full Version : what to do when your ears are infected really bad from being pierced

all4godfl
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
what do you when your ears are infected really bad from being pierced. they are really bad one left ear ist that bad but the right one IS!! when i got it pierced at walmart she got the gun stuck in it and its really swolen and it was bleeding and pussing and its thrubing and it gives me a headake and i have a lump that hurts right below my right ear?? so what should i do and oh yeah i got it pierced monday and they started to get bad wedsday or thursday but i took them out today

EllieFrog
11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, that's basically it - take them out. Never go to a store to get anything pierced. Go to a professional tattoo/piercing shop. They don't use guns, which is much safer and less painful. Clean them a couple of times a day with hydrogen peroxide and wait for them to heal.
They will close up, but it's better then suffering through ear lobe infections. Get them pierced again, if you want to, at a tattoo shop. They are trained for that and know what to do to reduce the risk of infection.

jill60
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I got my naval pierced at a tatoo parlor & it got infected. I went to my regular MD & he gave me a antibiotic.

Jill

Mamasan2007
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
I would say, you need antibiotics if its as bad as you say.
Go to your doctor, and have it looked at if its not better in a day or so.

AnnD
12-01-2008, 03:12 AM
It is too bad you took the post out unless it wasn't gold or stainless steel post. You don't want the hole to seal up with that infection inside. If they didn't put in gold posts for the healing process you should get some and keep the holes open and squeeze the gunky puss out and clean your lobes with soap/water and rubbing alcohol and you can buy some antibiotic ointment over the counter to rub on after cleaning. However,now that you have taken the posts out you still need to squeeze the infection out and clean them up at least twice a day...if you see no signs of healing and they still hurt after a week of keeping them washed and alcohol washed then you will need to go to the doc for an antibiotic. Good luck. I too had infected lobes even went to a very good place along with my mom...mine got infected ..her's did not.

Bell99
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
This happened to my daughter and I took her to the Dr. and they prescribed a antibiotic ointment called Bactriban knocked it right out of there.