PDA

View Full Version : help me turn my black hair to my natural blonde color

Marissa797
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I died my hair black about a year ago and since then i've dyed it every 4 to 5 months. Now i'm tired of it and i want my natural blonde color back. What household products could i use to get my natural hair color back?

imtupp
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
No household products will remove the color. You NEED professional help to correct this scenerio or you'll just make it worse then end up there anyway.

You need a modulate treatment to remove the old color first. This is a chemical process the average person cannot do themselves, and you want to make sure it is done properly to avoid excess damage as it can be harsh.

Because you are trying to remove black, there is a lot of under lying pigment that needs to be lifted (red,red-orange,orange all the way to pale yellow)and if you don't get all the way to that point, my guess is you'll be wishing for your black hair back, as you'll be left with some awful brassy bright undesirable color, you'll never leave the house.

Yes it is going to be costly, but that is what you have gotten yourself into by chosing to go black in the first place.

If you want to go about this in a slower, longer process, you could give yourself lots of fine hilites, in turn changing your black hair to a medium brown and eventually end back at your taget shade. IMO this process will also be tricky as you will still have to go through all the stages of lift. One process may not be enough and product may need to be reapplied a second time. Once you have gotten to the desired stage of lift, you may need to tone the hilites to achieve optimal results.

Good luck,
tup

writeleft
12-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I would stick to the suggestions imtuppence gave (who sounds like a professional).

I have two sons, who over the years have dyed their hair many colors. My yongest son has been jet black for a few years now, and there have been a few attempts to remove the color at home. They have been disasterous! Because of that, he knows that he has to shave it all off to regain any natural color.

Good luck to you.

Jelohi
12-21-2008, 05:48 AM
I have successfully stripped my haircolor at home with a kit. Then you have to recolor it the color you want. My target haircolor was brown though, you may not be able to get to blond that way.