PDA

View Full Version : Soft and Shiney Legs

MississippiGirl
12-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Does anyone know how to get your legs really soft and shiney? I put lotion on them especially after shaving, but they still don't feel as soft as I would like. They have like a sorta rough bumpy feeling????? Can anyone help me????

tUrRrRa
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM
If your have coarser leg hair (that gets shaved off), your legs may not be as smooth as someone with very fine hair. Try using a body scrub.. I like one with a little bit of oil in it because it makes your skin SO soft afterwards. I just don't use them on any skin area prone to acne. Make sure to do this BEFORE shaving or it can cause irriation. I usually use a sugar scrub. In addition to using your lotion, try a little bit of shimmer to add shine. That way you don't have an oily slipper feeling, and it really makes your legs look great. I use one by Urban Decay (which is scented and flavored). I just use a big fluffy makeup brush (it comes with a puff as well, but mine usually collects too much shimmer), and I dust it over the middle down my legs and anywhere else I'd like to accent.

MississippiGirl
12-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks tUrRrRa,
I have fine hair on my legs so I don't think that is the problem. Can you tell me what the name of the scrub is that you use with the oil added in? I have used a sugar scrub before and really liked it but it's been awhile so maybe I'll try that again. Thanks for the info!!!!

tUrRrRa
12-12-2008, 06:35 PM
The scrub I have is by the Jessica Simpson Dessert line, <removed> It smells really good, like berries!

Bath & Body Works also sells similar products in the True Blue Spa brand. I've heard good things about the holiday scrubs as well, such as the peppermint one. There was another kind that was very inexpensive that I bought at the grocery store, but I can't remember the brand. It was a warming scrub that came in different fruity scents. I got the green apple and it worked well!

hollie0210
12-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know how to get your legs really soft and shiney? I put lotion on them especially after shaving, but they still don't feel as soft as I would like. They have like a sorta rough bumpy feeling????? Can anyone help me????

I swear by IPL (intensive pulse light) treatment. It really wipes out all hair and the legs are like baby smooth. It does hurt though, but not unbearable...