PDA

View Full Version : belly button mole

jimmycousins
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I am 31 yrs old, had about 5 moles removed, two were dysplastic, others normal. Upon routine visit, he noticed a dark elevated mole in my belly button. For years I assumed this was a birth mark, however I have no idea when this mole first appeared. It was missed by previous doctors, maybe b/c of the location?

Anyway, the doctor didn't like it so he shaved it off and I'm waiting for the results. However, I am totally freaking out that I may have had this cancer on my stomach for months / years and never thought to ask him b/c I assumed it was normal.

If anyone can offer support or let me know if this is a bad place for a mole, please let me know.... Thanks.

mahnee
12-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Well it is an odd place for a mole - but I don't think that it is any worse than anywhere else on the body. Hopefully it will be fine and you won't have to worry. :)

ilovethenow
12-17-2008, 06:55 AM
My niece had one in her belly button... I thought it was cute; it looked like a little belly button ring! They had it removed though, and there was no problem.

jimmycousins
12-22-2008, 05:46 AM
This is my second post on this forum. I have had 5 moles tested in my life, 2 came back normal, 2 mildly dysplastic and 1 Junctional nevus with moderate dysplastia. My doctor surgically removed 2 of them and all is well.

However, years ago when I didn't think about any of this stuff, I got two tattoos on either arm. Parts of the tattoos are black, so I can't see if a mole grew during that time or was possibly tattooed over. Since I have all these abnormal moles, what options do I have? Can I remove the dark parts of the tattoos until they become lighter? Anyone have any ideas?