PDA

View Full Version : Dryskin-like ring on small congenital mole

gobraves
12-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I have a small congenital mole (about the size of a pencil eraser). This mole was flat at birth, but over time, it became a raised mole. It is roughly symmetrical, the edges are clear, and has no major color changes. However, I've recently noticed a thin ring formed on top of it (not a Halo mole, the ring is not around the mole, it is on it). The ring almost looks like dry skin, or like the mole is peeling. The mole is painless, and I feel no itching. However, should I should be worried about the ring? Or is this common?

Thanks

mahnee
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Unless I am not reading this correctly - it sounds like the mole has been changing. Which is reason enough to have it checked by a doctor.

gobraves
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Mahnee, thank you for the reply.

Oddly, the ring is no longer there. I think I might have scratched my mole during sleep, and that the "ring" was actually the portion I scratched off. The mole looks normal right now; do you still recommend me going to the doctor?

Thank you.

mahnee
01-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Well - myself, I would have it looked at. If it has changed from being flat to raised, that is change. Any change should be evaluated. I really do not know about the dry skin ring. Possibly it was simply that, dry. A mole is skin and can become dry. But change is what would concern me.