PDA

View Full Version : Oily skin -- good or bad?

HurtfulWords
12-31-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a question - Is oily skin bad? I mean I have an oily face but I never break out. Is the oil good for your skin or what? What are some good things to know about it?

I hope this isn't too off topic?

Sillygrl
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
I have oily skin as well. I complain about it all the time and my mom always says that oily skin is good for your skin. She says I wont get as many wrinkles. She has a sister who is ten years younger than her and she looks younger than her! She says she has always had oily skin and that is why at age 58 she has like no wrinkles.

My mom may or may not be right, but hope this gives you some ideas.

tUrRrRa
01-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree! Everybody I know with oily skin that is older says it helps them NOT get wrinkles. If it isn't causing breakouts, I wouldn't worry too much. If it's creating a lot of shine, try Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets. Just make sure to not wash your face TOO often or that can cause your skin to produce even more oil. I wash my face twice a day and some people are fine with only once a day.

hollie0210
01-05-2009, 02:05 AM
As long as you don't get pimples from it, oily skin is good.

The only negative I can think of is that you tend to get larger pores because of it. But that can be solved by using pore refinning products.

I wish my skin is more oily. I have dry skin and it is really uncomfortable during winter and I have always use a lot of anti-wrinkle products.

Colinette
02-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree. I have always had oily skin my entire life. I am now in my late 40s, and for the first time ever, I can tell that I need a moisturizer on my face.

It sucks when you are young, but it sure does help as you get older!:D

By the way, don't forget to moisturize your neck. It's probably not oily, and you'll be glad you did!

catheryn
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I used to have oily skin when I was a kid/teenager/early 20s and I never broke out. Now my skin is dry and sensitive (except my t-zone in the summer) and I break out like a bugger around my nose and I get random blemishes on my cheeks here or there (I'm almost 30). My skin is in great shape though because I moisturize A LOT and I've been told I look about 10 years younger than I really am. Still, my skin requires a lot more care than it did because of the dryness (exfoliating, moisturizing, dealing with tightness, etc...). I'd give anything to have my oily skin back: if I got any shine I'd just use the blotting papers the body shop carries in green tea (I still use them on my forehead in the summer) and all was well.

So I'd say you're lucky to have oilier skin! Beats dry skin! Just get a matting gel/paper and you're good to go. A lot easier to deal with than dry skin (and looks better too in make up!).

Flutterbye77
03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Oily skin does not prevent wrinkles. Wrinkles are caused by the breakdown of collagen, oily skin does nothing more than give you a bad complection. People with oily skin generaly have large pores in which they never have really nice baby soft looking skin, as seen on someone young.