PDA

View Full Version : 1 Month After Biopsy Lesion Totally Grown Back

seajay
01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I've been on this Skin Cancer Board before, but usually sharing what little wisdom I have. I've had 1 Basal Cell Carcinoma, extremely large with a MOHS Procedure to the nose and ended up with Nose reconstruction because it damaged a good amount of cartilage. I've also had 2 Squamous Cell Carcinomas, a few Actinic Keratosis and one KA.

Recently, I had a growth form on my chest that expanded to 1/4" in three weeks. It was pink and looked a bit like a Basal, but with no crater and a lot more red, lots of itching and pain. Well, they shave biopsied it and for the life of me, I can not find the report. It came back as a pre-cancer, but it was not an AK and I can't find it on the internet at this point. Anyway, when it was "healing" it began to expand. The dermatologist saw me again and said it was infected, even though I was caring for it per instructions. It turned green and crusty. She prescribed oral and topical antibiotics. I thought all was well and the lesion began to appear again. It's actually a lot more sensitive and now, at about 4 weeks after the biopsy, it's back to it's full size. It swells and hardens during the day. . . and is somewhat wierd.

The only pre-skin cancerous conditions I can find through research are Acitinic Keratosis and Solar Keratosis and this is not what it came back as.

This dude is really agressive. Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing?