PDA

View Full Version : lip piercing question

phoebekittys
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I dont know exactly where i should post this but here is goes. I want to get my lip pierced really badly but my work doesnt allow it. In a few weeks im taking a week long vacation. I really want to be able to hide it and i think they will let me wear a clear piece because another girl has a nose piercing and she wears one. Anyway... my question is i realize it take 3-4 weeks with excellent care to heal but what are the chances of my piercer either letting me get it pierced with clear piece or getting it done with a metal piece and going back to change it out in a week? Who has changed thiers out that early? How did it go? Is it going to be really swollen in a week to where i probably wont be able to change it out? I am going to talk to my piercer and see what they think but if he says no i will be upset because i ahve been wanting this for a long time. I will have to wait like 3 more years then because i plan to be there throughout school. Please help me!

hollie0210
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
No, you won't be able to change it after 1 week. It is going to be too swallon. You should talk to your Piercer. She/he should be able to explain it more. My college roommate had her done. I went with her and still remember vividly how swallon her tongue was....

tUrRrRa
01-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd also talk to your piercer about it first. I am thinking that if they can put in a stud rather than a ring, you should be okay. You can definitely change out the little ball at the end without actually taking out the ring/stud.

phoebekittys
01-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Well i talked to my boss and they definately approved a clear piece but i dont think they would approve of the metal sticking out even if there was a clear ball on the end. I just want to know is it going to be super swollen by the end of the week to where if i took it out for 3 sec it would be too swollen to get back in.

so does everyone think no matter what the piecer will say no to piercing with a clear piece even if i tell them its either that or i take it out in a week?

A friend of mine said she changed hers 3 days later.. altho i dont know if she really did or not. i dont know...

bekkieboop89
01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I would really recommend talking to the piercer (make sure you find a good one). They may be able to use a proper metal rod-type part, but screw a clear stud on the end. Of course, this means that for the first month of having your lip pierced it will look like your lip isn't pierced - but if you really want to get it done, it sounds like a good way to go.

Good luck!

EllieFrog
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, you can change piercings after a few days if you are very careful. Sure, they tell you not to do it because there is a chance that you could develop an infection if you are not careful. I'm not very infection-prone (if that's what you want to call it), and I took my nose ring out the day that I got it pierced... and pretty much every single day after that for the first week. The first time I took it out unintentionally since I wasn't used to it, obviously, so I accidentally ripped it out while washing my face. It hurt but never got infected and healed just fine.
I took it out constantly to clean it during the first 6 weeks and never had any problems. So if you ask me you can take it out as long as you're careful and keep the area clean... the swelling shouldn't last too long if it was pierced properly.

phoebekittys
01-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah i think im going to ask them to do it for me because id rather them do it then me. I feel like i wont be able to get it back in. If they arent willing to then i will do it myself. We shall see im going in the end of feb. Thank you for your advice.