PDA

View Full Version : Oval patch of skin on my back

konamom
01-25-2009, 10:44 AM
About 2 months ago I was towelling off and felt a slight irritation on my back.
I noticed a slightly raised, reddish/pinkish, oval in shape mark. After that day it never felt irritated again. There's been no change, except my husband thinks it's gotten a bit smaller. There's no flaking, peeling, itching, or bleeding, and it's definitely not getting larger. The borders are very smooth, and I noticed it's almost completely flat now. I don't have health insurance until mid-February and can't see the doctor until then. What do you think? I can't really find anything online that resembles it, but of course, skin cancer scares the heck out of me!! Thanks!

konamom
01-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Update...it did flake the other night, but when I took a warm bath all the flakes disappeared and spot looked shiny. I'm almost thinking this is a spot of psoriasis as I've got some itching and redness in other areas that comes and goes. Hmmmm....

rudiraven
01-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Could it be ringworm?

Chele60
01-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Mid-February is only 2 - 3 weeks away, and trust me - having had melanoma, it's nothing to laugh about - but I doubt that anything serious will happen within that 3 - 4 week window. You are obviously concerned. I would be as well. So, when your insurance becomes active, make an appointment and have it checked. It doesn't sound like cancer from what you are describing, but having something like this checked out is always worth it, IMO. You can give yourself the few weeks it will take before your insurance is active. Just monitor the area so you can tell the doctor everything you know about it when you do see him/her.

konamom
01-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Thank you. My insurance kicked in a bit early (thank God!) so I have an appointment on February 4th. I don't think it's ringworm based on pictures from the internet, but who knows. I think I'm turning into a hypochondriac! The spot is about 1/2 inch long and about 1/4 inch wide, and when it started flaking a bit, I freaked:confused: When the flakes fell off after bathing I got confused! Now I just want to see the doctor!