PDA

View Full Version : Coffee is the Devil

Angelene
10-02-2002, 09:04 PM
I have C-type IBS, and have been suffering all my life (i'm 21, female).

I just want to warn others about the dangers of coffee. Decaf or not, this liquid is the elixir of pure evil. It lures you with it's wonderful aroma only to cripple you after only a few sips. :-(

I love coffee. I drink it and then suffer. IBS and coffee just do not mix...

anyone else have this problem? We could suffer together.

Just remember to smile. :-)

Super Sarah
10-03-2002, 04:15 AM
Tell me about it. I have stopped drinking coffee altogether now and if I need a caffeine boost I drink tea. I drink a lot of herbal tea.

I have quite a few food intolerances and would find that drinking coffee just made it all worse. Basically, I would be chained to the bowl for 30 mins or more with diarrhea and also bent double whilst sitting on the bowl with severe stomach cramps.

What did it do to you?

Harry
10-03-2002, 09:57 PM
Hi Angelene,
I wish all people with Gastro problems would read your message. But, some people think they can do everything everyboby else does and it just is not SO!!! We are so much alike yet so different!!!

I gave up coffee about the time you were born and some time when I smell it ====I miss it. In life sometimes you have to make Quality Decisions for a better life in so many other ways. Make them and don't look back.

God Bless---Harry

aghast
10-31-2002, 09:39 AM
Yes, coffee = liquid crack lol! I used to drink A LOT of it every day - and felt fine! Then the IBS started kicking up (again), and now even a sip of coffee will severely twist my gut. Used to think it was the milk I took in my coffee...then I figured it might be the caffeine. But nope, even decaf w/ soy milk hits me wrong. I miss it! :(
I sometimes slip and take a sip anyways, but I usually end up paying for it right away...

------------------
-desperately clinging to utopian illusions-

Delphi
11-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

How 'bout some nice fried eggs and bacon with coffee?
OMG...just can't do it. I love breakfast so, too.

Coffee is evil ;)

Delphi