PDA

View Full Version : Hate having curly hair

jpoohbear
02-12-2009, 11:28 PM
My hair is very curly and super thick. when i straighten it it takes me hrs literally! what can i do or use to make it easier and faster?

kittywitty
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Do you use a straightening iron protectant before you straighten it? It would help speed things up and, more importantly, protect your hair from the heat of the iron. I have curly hair too (although mine is much thinner now. I miss it. :(), and I use something by Ion called Straightening Iron Spray. I use very little each time and it works great. You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply for about $5 or $6.

melanie in mary
02-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Why don't you embrace having curly hair and maybe wear it straight for special occassions? I hated my naturally curly hair for 30 years cause I just did not know what to do with it, and now I love it! Lots of women have to pay for perms to have our curly locks:)

fatoom90
02-14-2009, 07:34 AM
why dont you go for x tenso or yuko, x tenso works great & makes your hair look healthy unlike other straightening techniques, & is not expensive.
go to a professional salon & ask for advice.

may be nourishing your hair with oils & masks will make it more flexible when you iron it. in addition to the before-ironing serum which protects your hair from the heat that damages the hair & makes it liable to curl more & looses its healthy appearance.

then why dont you creat a nice happy curly style on your naturally curly hair, it's going to give you the young happy energizing look.

tUrRrRa
02-15-2009, 11:21 AM
My hair would take forever to straighten because it is very thick! My hair never dries overnight (I take shower in the evening and hate to blow dry it). Is your hair thick too? If so, I'd suggest finding a hairstylist who specializes in thinning hair out. My last haircut was done by using hair thinning shears. They used these special scissors to cut across three times across all of my hair (one cut a few inches from the bottom, one a few inches above that, and one a little higher up). This will let you keep your length, but cut a lot of the bulk out of your hair. When it isn't so bulky, your hair will feel softer, bouncier, and styling is SO MUCH EASIER and FASTER. I can flat iron my hair much faster now.

Also, be sure to flip it up in sections rather than keeping it all down and straightening like that. It saves time because you can focus on it section by section, get it really straight, and not waste time going over sections more than necessary. Definitely use a good product to protect from damage with all the heat. Keep the iron moving and don't let it sit in one spot for too long. I usually go over each section a few times to make it very straight, so I keep the iron moving pretty quickly.

If all else fails, you can get chemical straigthening done to your hair at a salon. It's usually pretty expensive (at least $300 or so is what I hear most often) and your hair has to be really healthy to get this done.

kittywitty
02-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Why don't you embrace having curly hair and maybe wear it straight for special occassions? I hated my naturally curly hair for 30 years cause I just did not know what to do with it, and now I love it! Lots of women have to pay for perms to have our curly locks:)

My hair is shoulder length, and if I wear it curly, it shrinks up 2 to 4 inches to the nape of my neck. I like longer hair. If it was longer, I'd wear it curly. I don't always straighten it, though, at those times I just put it up.