PDA

View Full Version : New Mole Where last one was removed??

Rockford2
02-24-2009, 05:46 AM
I had stage 1 of melanoma and had the mole removed on January 9th, and today, while looking at that wonderful scar, :eek:, I noticed another mole growing over the scar!!! What does this mean? Anyone know??? :dizzy:

Rockford2
02-24-2009, 08:40 AM
has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know what this might mean??

Chele60
02-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi Rockford ~

I had the same thing happen to me. I had my WLE at the end of March, and 3 months later - right before I was due to go on vacation, no less - I noticed a mole developing over the scar. YIKES! I made an appointment with the surgeon who performed the WLE right away, and thankfully he was able to get me in the same day. Funny thing was, by the time I got his office, the "mole" had faded somewhat! He checked me over, looked at my knee every which way he could, and we both came to conclusion there simply wasn't anything there.

It's been almost 2 years, and I still check it every time I get out of the shower. Sometimes I swear I see a mole developing, and when I look again? Nothing there.

But that doesn't mean that melanoma can't return to the same site. It would be unlikely that, in stage I, with clear margins, you would develop another primary at the same location. But stranger things can happen. You can do what I did and have the doctor check it out for peace of mind. And, no, I did not feel stupid, and neither did he treat me as such. If it's a concern for you, it's legitimate.

Rockford2
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
no. It's there, Chele. I just had a co-worker check and without saying, she said, "what is this mole doing on the scar?"

Strange to say the least.

Rockford2
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
ok. For sure this is a new mole growing where the scar is!!???? What the heck? What does this mean? Does anyone know? My regular doctor wants me to see the dermatologist before my March 17th appt.

Rockford2
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Has this not happened to anyone who has had skin cancer???

Rockford2
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I talked with somebody who runs a melanoma hotline who told me not to worry, most likely the 'mole' is just a freckle. :)