PDA

View Full Version : Any help for large pores?

tandycipps
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
My sister-n-law has large pores on her cheeks and she is so embarresed. Is there anything on the market that really helps to shrink them?
Thank you

Colinette
02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes, I am looking for something as well. The skin on the lower part of my face is really nice, but on each side of my nose the pores are so large and noticeable. I've not found anything that works. So if anyone has any suggestions ... :D

Flutterbye77
03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
look for joey of new York.

schatzi08
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Laser peels eliminated the large pores and blackheads on my nose and cheeks. They can be a bit pricey, but the effect is worth the cost. They also evened out my skin tone(lots of sun damage), diminished fine lines and greatly improved the texture of my skin. I'm very happy with the results of my peel(s).

J.

EllieFrog
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Use salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid) in liquid or gel form and concentration between 1% and 3% (no higher than that). It is best to use it at night before going to bed. Use light moisturizer only if the skin is extremely dry, otherwise only around the eyes and not over the entire face. I also have large pores that would always get clogged until I learned better. I would slap on sooo much moisturizer every single day it was ridiculous. I stopped doing that and my pores are no longer as huge or clogged. No more obnoxious blackheads. Funny how doing something so simple as eliminating moisturizers (except for sunscreen, of course) took care of the problem.

f3ifei
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi all,
try our DR's Secret series with refining serum, formulated with fermented corn extracts to tighten pores, while using a synergistic combination of plant tannins for an astrigent effect.
with conalbumin thar moistures & lifts skin, refining serum banishes dilated pores for perfectly smooth,poreless complexion

nailchick2000
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I just had to respond! My problem isn't really large pores, although it is a nice way to describe it, but I have pitted holes in my face from acne in my 20's. I've been looking high and low for something to hide them for years... but tonight, I still cant believe it, I found a product called concealaPore. It's supposed to fill the pit in totally and works with or without make-up. I ordered one tonight. I will definately let you know how it owrks out when it comes!

mistybluey
04-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Nailchick2000,

I hope you'll come back and post your results , sounds interesting.

I too developed large pores, especially in my thirties. I'm in my forties now. To be honest, the only things that have helped me are going the prescription route ... two products really DO work - retin-a and estriol cream.

Now everyone knows about retin-a I think. So no explanation necessary except to say it reduced the size of my pores over the course of six months by about 50 to 60 %.

Estriol cream is prescribed for vaginal atrophy but has also been used off label for the face as a means of revitalizing ( firming up and giving face natural moisture that loss of estroGEN causes as we age) Note estriol is one of three forms of estrogen, the weakest form and thus far less likely to cause issues than estriodal ( all three forms of estrogen bundled together)

Getting a doctor to prescribe retin-a shouldn't be an issue, however it is costly . You probably can ask your gynecologist or doctor about estriol....and if they would allow you to try it on your face. I've heard some do, a lot don't. I've also heard a lot of doctors themselves use it for this purpose and Ive read a few books written by doctors who mention it for this use.

So how does estriol measure up? Hard to say because I pretty much started both at the same time but I'd can definately say I believe it's helped tremendously too. You can try googling it, you'll find info on it's track record of reducing pore size too. It also has firmed up my face and gotten rid of the dry , creepy skin underneath my eyes. (which makes makeup look better, since I have dark circles use a lot of concealer)

If you wish to try these products, please note I am not a doctor nor am I responsible for your results. LOL ha ha I had to put that disclaimer it, do it at your own risk. ;-)

Anyway, just google both....... and if you're feeling really adventurous you may want to check out cheaper ways of getting the products. It's ridiculous what they want to charge for that stuff in the U.S.

I've even read some have ordered from ADC. Hear they are the very same products... same manufacturers.. lol

Hope this helped. Short of laser peels or the new things available at the plastic surgeons which work too, this is the simplest means of doing it.

OhWell77
04-23-2009, 10:29 AM
If you are looking for a cover up until you find a medical solution I suggest Dr. Brandt's Pores No more. Here's a link to the product.
http://www.*** deleted ***
It's really great, light and smooth you can use it with or without makeup it's very natural. : edited - deleted
Hope that helps.

~Lucy

nailchick2000
05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I tried the Cocealapore and I'm not really happy with it. It tends to dissolve and fade away. Also, I have about 20 holes on my face, so it doesn't go very far.
I did order some estriol cream online. It's funny because I ordered it before reading the post above mentioning it. I'm having a psoriasis flareup and after some research, I think that it along with progesterone cream may be effective for me. I'm definately planning on using it on my face.

Lizza
05-15-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm having some problems with my pores too. Thanks so much for this post.

Porous BeaNo
05-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm having some problems with my pores too. Thanks so much for this post.

thanks so much for the postings...

I had a cousin kill himself over his pores...

and unfortunately, I am suffering from the same condition...

my nose is covered in craters on each side, it is horrid.

I am willing to try anything!!!

so if anyone knows of a solution, let me know pLEEEAS!!!

I am a fitness trainer so I am near people all day, and I get anxiety attacks when im near someone, i see their pupils staring down at my nose, then back up at my eyes again...it sux.

why me??

anyways, i heard of mandelic acid and everyone gettin good results, i tried , and wow did it clean out the junk inside my pores, but...wow did it make them more noticable....they are getting worse by the month...

HELP!!!

Im starting to understand my cousins depression from this...I really don't want to get to that point...at all!!!

there has to be a way!!!