PDA

View Full Version : what direction do you epilate upper lip

Sweet Cry Baby
03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
what direction do you epilate upper lip,
and what direction would you epilate the

ArtyTart17
03-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Unless you have really dark upper lip hair don't epilate. Bleach is preferable if the hair is not too thick or coarse.

As you are asking for direction advice I assume you are waxing or similar. In which case apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth, this is usually center lip to outer lip: right on the left upper lip and left on the right upper lip. Apply the fabric strip in the direction of hair growth, same as above. Smooth the strip in that direction to adhere to as many hairs as possible. Hold skin taut and pull the strip up in the opposite direction to the growth. Apply to one side only at a time. Repeat only once if required. This would be my last resort to hair removal as once you have done it, the hair will regrow and needs to be removed again in about 6 weeks. Any epilation needs to follow the same guidelines and for legs and pubic hair much smaller areas must be done. The skin around the pubic area is very delicate and each epilation should be no larger than 3 cms. round. Larger than this will cause bruising and possibly bleeding.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Tanya

Sweet Cry Baby
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey...

Well Thank-You for the advice.. it has been very helpful!!
But say... coz i epillate...
say, i did want to do the upper lip and dwn below... which direction wud i do it then??
is it from bottom to top... like u do ur legs?? Plzz.. Thank-You!!

ArtyTart17
03-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Yep.

I wish I could see a photo of you to know if your feelings about this excess hair isn't just a heightened stress from looking at them too long.
I am very fair and even though I have hair on my upper lip I will not be removing it. I am wondering if better advice to you would be to research laser hair removal which is permanent and you wont have even a bigger problem as you might from epilation. Most beauty salons here in Australia charge a fairly small amount to permanently remove scraggly eyebrows, hair between eyes and upper lips. This might be a better option for you. I encourage you to be thoughtful about any decision you make. Act in haste, repent in leisure is the addage I would apply to your situation. Please be careful.

Best wishes, Tanya

Sweet Cry Baby
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Ur soo sweet !!

Thank-You! lool.. i think it is that i stare at them too long...
see, ppl tell me i dnt need to do the upper lip... but i still want to for the sake of it i guess!!
looll... but Thank-You! anyways!!