PDA

View Full Version : brassiness out of hair color

rivera1256
03-15-2009, 04:44 AM
how can I take the brassiness out of hair color

surrealmeal
03-15-2009, 01:18 PM
A quick fix would be a violet-based shampoo like Clairol Shimmerlights (can be found at any beauty supply store). If that doesn't work, I'd suggest going to a professional colorist.

tyandgil
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
You can choose a color that has ash in, but mix with a neutral color. If you use a straight ash on your hair, it could turn green. Mix more ash color than the neutral color and it should tone it down quite a bit. Also the Shimmer Lights from Clairol is awesome. It's a purple shampoo you can get a beauty supply store. Hope this helps!;)

mommaoftwinsplus1
03-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I use shimmer lights a couple times a week! It really helps with brassiness. When I bleach my hair I also use a toner afterward which helps too!

tUrRrRa
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I'd also recommend the shimmer lights or any similar purple hued shampoo. If you want to go to a salon, they can use toner to take out the brassy color. It works great and shouldn't cost nearly as much as color or anything. I got toner put in this last time after my highlights (they didn't use it the previous time) and it really got the blonde nice and bright and took away any yellow/brassiness that was there before.