PDA

View Full Version : hair color too light what to do

chase234
03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
My hair color is med-dark brown; I used Loreal for brunettes to lighten it. Well, I think it is too light. What can I do and how long do I need to wait to do it.

EllieFrog
03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't know what L'Oreal for brunettes is... but I assume that it is some type of hair color. If you want your hair to be darker you can dye it whenever you want. Just make sure you use a semi-permanent hair color (like Natural Instincts) and not permanent. Semi-permanent dyes only deposit color to your hair so it won't damage your hair like a permanent dye would... and also, you can only go darker with semi-permanent dyes, which is what you're trying to achieve so it will work just fine. You can also go to a beauty supply store and pick up semi-permanent dyes and mix them yourself... that way you have more variety when it comes to color choosing. Clairol has good semi-permanent dyes. Of course semi-permanent dye doesn't last long as permanent dyes since it washes out a lot faster, but at least it won't damage your hair and you can dye it as often as you want.

tUrRrRa
03-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Be prepared that sometimes a darker hair dye will still fade some when you are covering lightened hair. I also agree and highly reccommend a semi-permanent dye. They are easier on your hair and you can just touch up the color as needed (about every 6 wks or so). Most likely even a permanent dye will fade a little and you'll have to touch it up anway, so might as well get a formula that isn't as harsh.

I've done this plenty of times and didn't have any trouble. The only thing I've found to be very damaging to my hair was getting it bleached with highlights to platinum blonde (and I'm a natural brunette). It's good to lighten it gradually and not to too much all at once!

stellaf
04-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi,

I am Stella and I need your advice actually I have a very dull hairs and I also have a huge hair fall problem, Please tell me what to do?

Stella

Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter, Castle Baths