PDA

View Full Version : Make-up rubs off on boyfriend...

ValentineNicole
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I have an issue. I'm a white female, and I'm dating a black man. For whatever reason, either my foundations that I've used particularly clingy or his skin is, but he always ends up with big white patches from cuddling up to me or kissing me.

I've tried SO many types of makeup - loose powder (bare minerals type stuff), regular powder (everything from covergirl to pur minerals to Dior), Airbrush makeup (Dior AND sally hanson), liquid foundations (Chanel, Dior, YSL, benefit, smashbox), and stick foundation (becca, smashbox).
NOTHING works. He ends up wearing it no matter what.

My skin gets red in some patches and I occasionally get a breakout, so I can't boycott makeup or go w/ tinted moisturizers.

Is there anything I can do to get my makeup to stay on my face instead of his? I've used primers...sealed it w/ translucent powder..
Or is there a brand that I can try that may work well?
I just feel so bad about it! LOL

kzz09
04-07-2009, 09:53 AM
ha.
After washing, put your moisturizer and allow a full 5-10 for it to absorb ino skin then put your primer on. And allow that to absorb. Then your cream concealer, and then your powder.

You might just be putting everything on at one time, and it just doesnt stay as well.
:\

eh, Im not sure though, I never really heard of someone using everything but it doesnt work... hmmm?

NancyH
04-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Putting on too thick will cause it to rub off, you are either slathering on too much so it CAN'T absorb into the skin or using the wrong make up! Do like kzz09 make sure it absorbs before adding more, personally that's way too much make up anyway. Find a makeup that only requires good moisturized skin and one application of foundation. I don't think I know anyone who has that problem you described! Most men don't really like to cuddle up and be smeared up with make up!

EllieFrog
04-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I agree with Nancy, it sounds to me like you're putting on way too much makeup. You say that you've tried all different types of makeup and it still rubs off... than you're putting on too much. Put on a lighter layer of makeup and it shouldn't rub off. And unless you have very dry skin you don't need a moisturizer underneath your foundation. Moisturizers will just cause your makeup to slip and than of course it's going to rub off on everything.

NancyH
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
You're right I forgot to mention if skin is real dry only to use moisturizer!

tUrRrRa
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
^This is true! I only use moisturizer around my eyes and any dry areas, definitely not all over. My makeup stays on better this way. I also try to not use too much powder because powder tends to come off pretty easily for me (including mineral makeup powder).

Lizza
05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
If you're wearing too much make up the tendency is it'll be rubbed off on the surface that you'll be really close to or contact with.