PDA

View Full Version : How can I revive aging ashy skin

dorri
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
About 3 years ago I lost my youthful complexion. One day it looked ashy and since then I haven't been able to recapture the youthful look. Come to think of it this is about the same time it lost it's softness as well. I have exfoliated plenty of times since but can't seem to get my healthy young look back. Any suggestions on what will help?

JohnR41
04-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Dorri,

In our younger years, we could get away with a so-so healthstyle and we always looked great (young). But as we age, our lifestyle matters to a greater and greater degree. In otherwords, we can't get away with anything because it will show up as fat, wrinkles, lack of energy or illness.

So you need to think in terms of maximizing nutrition (but not calories:)). Ask yourself the following questions: 1) Am I eating empty calories? 2) Do I eat highly processed foods? 3) Do I drink fruit juice instead of eating fresh fruit? 4) Do I eat an excess of animal protein to the exclusion of vegetables? 5) Do I consume too much sodium? 6) Do I "brown" (or toast) certain foods? (this speeds up aging). 7) Do I get enough exercise? 8) Do I drink enough water? 9) Do I overeat?

:)

dorri
04-20-2009, 10:40 PM
John thanks for the reply.

Because of a chronic condition, I most likely don't retain my nutrients or my fluids so that is probably the reason my skin has changed in tone and is looking older than my years.