PDA

View Full Version : Holy Grail products for curly hair?

melanie in mary
04-28-2009, 06:30 AM
What are your most favorite products for curly hair? Thanks:)

Bluesy
04-28-2009, 07:09 AM
I use Pantene leave in creme conditioner after I wash and brush out my hair. Then I put in Tresemme mousse and a little Tresemme hair spray. Blow dry and go! :)

arizo01
05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Try OUIDAD products, made specially for us curly girls:D

KristaK
05-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I use John Frieda - Frizz Ease :)

Lizza
05-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Nice post/ thread. Learned so much from this one. Thanks.

Iambehaving
06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't have curly hair, but my daughter does. She is now 8 :-) I have tried all sorts of products but I have found nothing that beats cocoa butter lotion! I'm talking the price, the feel once it dries, and the over all frizz control. We shampoo, condition, apply a small amount of lotion (which also works wonderfully as a detangler), comb, scrunch, and then air dry. I have even used it in my hair without having any horrid results although I would not use it daily, but it works wonderfully for her curly, dry hair.

WhiskersOnKittens
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't have curly hair, but my daughter does. She is now 8 :-) I have tried all sorts of products but I have found nothing that beats cocoa butter lotion! I'm talking the price, the feel once it dries, and the over all frizz control. We shampoo, condition, apply a small amount of lotion (which also works wonderfully as a detangler), comb, scrunch, and then air dry. I have even used it in my hair without having any horrid results although I would not use it daily, but it works wonderfully for her curly, dry hair.

Interesting! How curly is her hair? I may have to try this :D

gkminx
06-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner for curly hair. Followed by Ausie leave in conditioner, then John Frieda frizz ease serum. Or, you could what I've done - have it chemically straightened - I love it! The hairdresser used Wellastraight - wonderful stuff.

tUrRrRa
06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't have curly hair, but I have waves. My hair has that beachy wave look to it and my highlights work really well with the waves.

I don't like to use anything that makes my hair feel crunchy and I like to keep it very soft, so I just use a shine serum (such as Biosilk or So Silk serum) to keep the frizzies away and smooth it out. It works well if I comb it out while wet, apply the product, scrunch a little bit, and let it air dry. I don't brush it after it dries or it doesn't look as nice. If I have tangles, I just finger-comb my hair.

If I must have some hold, I use a light misting of a flexible hold hairspray. Right now I just use Herbal Essences because it smells nice, like peaches. The hairspray is also good for straightening. I still use the serum before flat ironing and lightly mist after I'm done. I like being able to use the products for both kinds of styles.

I will have to try the cocoa butter lotion! That sounds like a neat trick. I have used lotion in my hair when I didn't have anything else around and it's a good product to use when nothing else is around. I was hoping to find a styling lotion without any hold to bring out my waves even more, but I bet this will work. I also recently bought some beach waves spray from Victorias Secret (at the semi-annual sale) but unfortunately the sprayer was broken, so I will have to exchange it for a new one.

Iambehaving
06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Interesting! How curly is her hair? I may have to try this :D

She has extremely curly hair. It is definitely more on the dry side which allows for daily use of the cocoa butter. My hair is not at all dry... so as soon as I tried to use the butter two days in a row it was too much for mine (again I don't have curly hair). I will also say cocoa butter was suggested to me by an interracial woman. My daughter does not have course hair. It is just dry and really, really curly!

We have had it long (long enough tuck in her shorts) to extremely short. Both ways we have had luck with the cocoa butter. It leaves it with soft and silky curls. I hate when you can feel the product in the hair.

Good luck!