PDA

View Full Version : Flaky, Itchy, Size of Pencil Eraser spot on my forearm

manchak99
04-30-2009, 07:29 AM
just noticed this yesterday......was a bit itchy so that's really the only thing that made me notice....close to my wrist on the side of my arm. flat, not raised, not red but looks a bit flaky or dry when no lotion on it. what could this be? could it be cancer?
anyone else start with this symptom? and what was it? does a biopsy hurt?

jill60
04-30-2009, 09:06 AM
just noticed this yesterday......was a bit itchy so that's really the only thing that made me notice....close to my wrist on the side of my arm. flat, not raised, not red but looks a bit flaky or dry when no lotion on it. what could this be? could it be cancer?
anyone else start with this symptom? and what was it? does a biopsy hurt?

My Father in Law had this on his arm, it was in the same spot except on top of his arm. His was a scab that would not heal & it ended up being skin cancer.
Maybe it is exzema?

trychocolate
04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
excellent advice jill and thank you for posting that experience.

manchak99
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
what type of skin cancer?
i'm only 35! hoping it goes away before the appt!

manchak99
04-30-2009, 11:43 AM
one other question....it doesn't itch and hasn't since this am.....does skin cancer constantly itch?

glowing4
07-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Even if it is a skin cancer, it is easily taken care of. I have had several removed and it is not a big deal. Chances are that it can just be frozen off at this point. And, no, having a biopsy doesn't really hurt. Good idea to have it checked out, but it most probably will be fine.

glowing4