PDA

View Full Version : Does Skin Cancer come and go? Spot on arm that will get better and then come back

manchak99
04-30-2009, 07:57 AM
is this something that happens with skin cancer? flaky itchy spot that clears up but comes back? and burns when itches?

trychocolate
04-30-2009, 08:43 AM
have you been checked for exzema? It can come and go.

manchak99
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
No..haven't been....set up an appt with a dermo in 2 weeks.
and would it just come in one spot?

trychocolate
04-30-2009, 09:05 AM
I've had it happen. Until it eventually cleared up. What made me think of this is the burning you mentioned. Something offensive seems to touch that area (don't ask me what) and triggers the scale and itch. It can seem to get bigger, I think from all the scratching and making the area even more sensitive. I was glad I didn't have it everywhere like some do.

To tell you the truth, I am going in today to get a different 'spot' checked. It is much different than the above. It is not very itchy and the flakes do not come off. But this 'spot' has other characteristics foreign to what I have ever seen, except through research on the net. I hope to post after the appoint. I really do. No matter how short it may be. People need to know about such things even if I may not feel like discussing it.

Hope to help.

manchak99
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
great...good luck and will be thinking of you!
the net can be good but bad for worriers like me!