PDA

View Full Version : Another Squamous cell carcinoma

Oleander53
05-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Have another one on my left arm.......Removed but waiting for final path report. : ( Bowen's disease...... Oleander

trychocolate
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Sorry to see this is a regular thing for you Oleander. It's sad that this happens long after sun exposure and can be continuous.

Hope everything works out okay and good thing you are vigilant, have good dr.'s and are catching these early.

Also, thank you for sharing your experience on this board. It's not an easy subject to talk about.

choc

Oleander53
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks Choc,

I watched my Father go through this so I know what I need to do. I have Bowen's from Enviormental exposure as he did soooo..I will have a tendency to develope skin cancer and other cancers which is a big bummer. He had 6 melanomas and numerous other skin cancers but he lived a very long time. So I just have to be deligent. And I have had a ton of sun exposure too as I grew up near the ocean.

It is important to share so it can help others. I have been told to take 2000 mg of Vit D a day to prevent cancer.

Thanks again.....Oleander

Chele60
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh no! This is almost unbelievable. I truly hope the path report comes back clean.

Based on what you have stated here, I have increased my intake of vit D as well. I'd heard rumblings before, but it's starting to make sense.

Sending good thoughts your way!

paulcindy88
05-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Oleander

I am sorry to hear this, you have been through so much!! It is great to have you here sharing your story that is not easy to inform others of the dangers of skin cancer.

I am praying your path report comes back okay.

irishhobbit
06-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Have another one on my left arm.......Removed but waiting for final path report. : ( Bowen's disease...... Oleander

i hate waiting for the path reports i have been having them removed every 3 months for years it never gets easier good luck

teapotlady
08-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Sorry to hear you have another one that needed to be removed. It stinks. I have a few more on my face also. Guess this will be my life now. Little bits of me cut off every few months, if only they get rid of them on my stomach, LOL. I am suppose to have the new ones taken off on the same day they scheduled me for shoulder surgery so I suppose they will wait on the skin until that is over. Wait wait wait.

Oleander53
08-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Teapotlady!!!! Oh no so you have more too. I go to MD Anderson on 8/26 to their Melanoma clinic for a once over....

This one on my arm is a combined scc and bcc and it is stubborn. I have a bunch of new spots? not sure why they are coming up suddenly? I am sure I will have more biopsies over at MD.

My brother just got scheduled for Mohs surgery on his ear due to a large basal cell....I understand they will take quite a piece off. He has a good attitude about it.

I will let you know what I find out. And Please let me know how you come out with this new stuff you have.

Thanks everyone for all of the support and well wishes. Oleander