PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Wax

TehJess
05-27-2009, 02:53 AM
I had my 1st Brazilian yesterday... Jesus Christ on a Bicycle it hurt. Anyway, today... to my disgust, a lot of the hair folicles are infected and look like mini pimples, spread across my ..regions. It hurts, feels similar to bad sunburn.
Is there anything I can do to reduce the terrible wax-rash / infected follicles... Not only is it painful, but I am seeing my boyfriend in 2 days... Time is running out!! Please help!

Russie1027
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Ah the joys of Brazilian bikini waxing...
1. After a steam shower/ sauna apply bacitracine (sp)/neosporine to the infected area.
2. 2 weeks after your wax exfoliate the area with an exfoliating pad or gloves. Don't use a loofa because bacteria tends to grow more rapidly in them.
3. be sure to use antibacterial soap like Dial.
4. DO NOT try to squeeze or pick away at the infected ingrown hairs... just keep exfoliating and using the bacitracine

The more you wax the finer your hair will grow back and the less irritation you should get. If you like you can see a dermatologist and he/she can prescribe a topical ointment.

Hope that helped. I've been getting Brazilian Waxes for a long time now and know first hand what a joy ingrown hairs can be. Good Luck!

Helenitta
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
I have no idea dear but I just SALUTE your courage for having the brazilian wax!!!! I could never dare doing it!! I barely do the pikini area and anyway I dont go much to the beach and have no bf yet to worry about it ;)
just a question though: any idea how I can WHITEN My underarm???? :( when i was younger, the first times, I always shaved them secretly so mom won't know. Then when I grew up, I started waxing... so I'm guessing that's why they've never been white?? But, any solution to that???? any REAL solution that is? :(
Thanks in advance and hope your skin will look like a baby's skin in no time :D since you don't have much time left ;)