PDA

View Full Version : Fine Lines under the eyes

collinsc
06-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi

I have fine lines under the eyes. Can anyone suggest the best product to use to cover this up?

I used to use a product called Bottox Gold - but can't find this anymore.

Thanks

tUrRrRa
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
There are different products that will help minimize the appearance of fine lines and plump out your skin temporarily, but the only way to get rid of them for good is by surgery and other such methods.

For a quick fix, I find that most eye creams do the trick! I've been using Curel lotion just on this area of my face (it's too heavy for the rest of my combination skin and I don't need it) and it really moisturizes the area. I used to spend more on different eye products and Curel has worked the same. I liked the Garnier eye products, but Curel has just been a better value and I can use it on my body as well.

I'm young and just get a tired look to my eyes from not enough sleep (I'm working on it!). If you need something a bit stronger, I'd try a product with other specialty ingredients. If you don't mind spending more, there is a product called Prevage that works great. They have a moisturizer and an eye moisturizer. It's made by the creators of Botox and is a topical solution meant to give similar results. It's about $90 though, so not cheap at all! I'd only buy this if I really, really needed it. It did help wake up my eyes though when I tried a sample, so I know the product works pretty well.

The other good thing to do now is to take good care of your skin to prevent future lines. Use a sunscreen and moisturize any dry areas. Don't use any overly harsh products or overwash your face.

collinsc
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
thanks very much