PDA

View Full Version : New Mole Over Scar

Rockford2
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
well.....it's official. I have a new mole growing over the scar where the melanoma tumor was removed! I noticed this 2 months after the tumor was removed and went to my dermatologist who said it was just 'part of my skin...not a mole.'

I noticed that this mole is getting bigger so I went to my primary care physician who said, "yes...it IS a mole."

I go back next month to see if it keeps growing. Anyone ever hear of something like this??

Rockford2
06-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Has anyone ever had this happened to themselves or a friend/loved one?

How could the dermatologist have made a mistake like this?? I'm thinking I should have stayed with the opinion of the surgeon who said I should have follow ups with him. ???

Oleander53
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Rockford......I am no expert but I do know none of my Dad's melanoma's ever grew back on his scar and he had 6 of them.

I do know however that the newest Basal cell I have growing on my arm is where I got blood drawn over and over and over..... when I read up on it it said it could come up on an injury or scar...... So best to get it checked. Push about it..... I showed this red mark to 3 or 4 Doctors and the all blew me off about it.......even with my history of SCC......I go tomorrow for a 2nd surgery on it...... So go with your gut and ask them to check for your own piece of mind.... Just say you want it biopsied to be safe.......

Let us know what happens...Oleander

Rockford2
06-13-2009, 08:44 AM
So do you think that it's anything to be concerned about? So far, my primary doctor is just going to keep an eye out for it.....to see if it grows. But it HAS grown since I first spotted it back in February of 2009....just 2 months AFTER the original melanoma tumor was removed. It was just a stage 1B, so this can't be a recurrence....could it?

And the strange thing is...to me, is WHY would a mole grow over a SCAR??? how strange is that? I say, very strange.

Oleander53
06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
It is probably okay but with your history why take a chance? Go to a Dermatologist and have it checked out. I think your gut is telling you to have it checked out further just for piece of mind..... Not worth the Doctor being wrong as mine has been so many times......

Push your Primary Doctor and if he does not do something go see a Dermatologist on your own. Oleander

Rockford2
06-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Should I see the same dermatologist? Do you think it's possible that a new mole just grows over the scar?

I have decided that I am not going to that same derma but rather, back to the surgeon even though his bedside manner wasn't the nicest. I'll just keep measuring the mole myself to keep an eye out for it.

I just think it's very strange that this mole just started growing over a scar only 2 months of removing everything. Just very strange to me, and I was wondering if this had happened with anyone else? I sincerely appreciate your getting back to me, Oleander!!