PDA

View Full Version : Protecting newly dyed hair from river water

21_cnp
06-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I will be getting my hair dyed an all over color on July 2, and two days later I will be going to the river and will be swimming. What is the best product to use to protect my hair?

tUrRrRa
06-24-2009, 10:36 AM
It will be a good idea to use a UV protectant on your hair (there are many sprays and leave-ins out there that protect against UV rays) to prevent fading. The sun can very easily fade your hair color.

To keep it soft and healthy, try using some leave-in conditioner. I know Biolage makes some really good, nice ones. A spray kind will be lighter, and a liquidy kind similar to regular conditioner will be extra moisturizing.

chocolate29
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
What about wearing a swimming cap? It's not the same as being able to get your head wet, but it'll protect your hair.

Acheronic
06-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Any shampoo and conditioner with colour protectants, Like Loreal Elvive - for coloured hair. It will prolong your colour and protect from the elements. I also find that some shampoos specifically formulated for taking to the gym/swimming/being in the sun work well. I'm not sure where abouts you are in the world, but I'm from the UK and we have a shop called Boots - they do there own range of products for people who swim/work out - in the hair aisle. It's affordable too. Hope this helps :)

Titchou
06-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Wear a cap whenever you are in the sun and a UV protector spray. Be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner specifically for colored hair. Be sure to shampoo out the river water ASAP.