PDA

View Full Version : Mole on my scalp.. is this something i should be concerned about?? Conditions:

SuzanneLily
06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
I have always been a fairly moley person, but I have this mole on my scalp that looks noting like any of the moles i have on the rest of my body. I noticed this mole for the first time probably over a year ago but just tuesday (today is friday) I noticed that it is now slightly raised when it was completely flat before. It is also larger and looks slightly different. It is like a reddish color, about 8 or 9mm, pretty circular except for one part that extends furthe out, and just this morning I noticed a red dot/line in the middle of it and it looks like it might have been bleeding and it itches some. Also wednesday I noticed that my lymph nodes under my jaw are swollen and I have not had any recent infections or colds that I know of. I am 16, female, usually good health, medium fair skin, light eyes and blonde hair. I called my dermatologist, but I can't get in until August. Does this sound like something I should be concerned about? Should I go to my pediatrician since I cant get to my dermatologist for a while?

Oleander53
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Go to your Ped . It may just be irritated from brushing your hair. Get it checked out asap just to be safe........let us know what you find out.
Wow I am impressed by your knowledge at your age.... Oleander