PDA

View Full Version : Question about the mucus

TEdds83
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone! I was wondering if the mucus or drainage ever tastes bad?? Or could I have a sinus infection?? I bad tasting drainage always meaning sinus infection? Or can it be normal post nasal drip or allergies? Just wanting your thoughts. Thanks!

chook439
09-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi!
Well I have only just started on treatment for LPR, and I'm still not entirely sure if that's what I have, but I definitely seem to have a lot of the symptoms! I have been experiencing excessive post nasal drip/sinus drainage, and always have the feeling of mucus in my throat. I have had a few sinus infections in the last few months, and my doctor said that these can be caused by LPR, as it irritates the back of the throat and nasal passages, especially when lying down at night. You could try antibiotics for the sinus infection, which may be causing your problems. I experience really bad breath which i presume is from the mucus. I've been on nexium for about two weeks, and although the mucus is still there, I have noticed some change, and the smell seems to be reduced. But it's hard to tell yet if it's actually working. I'm really hoping it will though :) good luck!