PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just me or do we all look older some days?

son1981
07-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Not to just ourselves but also other people?? I wonder?? Some days re there more deep lines on our face then others? It just seems that way for me like some days i will have a few lines on my face other days they wont be there? Some days we look older to other people and some days we look younger? Am i the only one?

son1981
07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
please help me im so scared!

EllieFrog
07-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Why are you scared? You didn't post anything serious that you need to be afraid of. Yes, we all have good and bad skin days. Sometimes you will see fine lines (not deep wrinkles) that aren't always there. It depends on the amount of moisture present in your skin. If your drink more water and mosturize (if you have dry skin) your skin will look better than it does on days when you're dehydrated and fatigued.

I experience the same thing that you do (as I'm sure we all do). I'm only 23 and still sometimes, if I don't drink enough water and/or haven't had much rest my skin looks dull and some fine lines will show up. They go away if I hydrate better and get more sleep/rest. It's nothing to be afraid of - normal part of the aging process.
I don't think that you look as significantly older on some days as you think. You are just more aware of your flaws; what you see in the mirror isn't as obvious to others as you think it is. Relax, hydrate, take good care of your skin, wear sunscreen on a daily basis and you won't have a whole lot to worry about. Fine lines come and go, they're nothing to be afraid of. They will most likely eventually become wrinkles when you're older, but for now don't worry about it.

annasui95
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi, I believe that positive outlook and a genuine smile brightens your face. Sometime even if we follow all beauty tips and advises from experts, we dont get the results we expect, it is because beauty should first and foremost come from within. And of course a healthy lifestyle, simple things like avoiding smoking, maintain good fruit and veggies diet and water helps us to look fresh and good. :angel:

JanBhere
07-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Im sure we do if we are out there partying nights and not taking good care of our bodies. Im 47 and I dont drink in excess or smoke anything. I try to get plenty of sleep and dont do any drugs other than one iron pill a day. I limit my exposure to the sun and I feel I m looking about the same every day, if not younger.

GravesGirl73
07-03-2009, 04:21 PM
yes, it's true, depends on lighting too..LOL! I have a friend who has kind of dark circles/bags under her eyes, she's around 55 and looks good except for this. When she gets her eyebrows done and her bangs trimmed, she looks 10 years younger, I swear! I know this isn't wrinkles but sometimes there are ways to make us look younger without makeup tricks. When you are older and your eyebrows are bushy, you look old! As far as wrinkles, they have a lot of new stuff on the market that temporarily gets rid of them, I just saw one today on hsn, it was wei east, something new, I can't remember the name, they put it on someone's face and the lines almost disappeared! If I get the name I'll put it on this reply.
p.s. forget it...most said it did nothing on the reviews. (age recovering) Oh well!

tUrRrRa
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
When I haven't been getting enough sleep or am not drinking enough water, I feel that I have a tired look that makes me feel that I look older. I try very hard to stay well hydrated and take good care of my skin. I have been making extra effort to always wash my face before bed. In the past I'd sometimes fall asleep without washing it about once a week, maybe twice.

I find that a good bronzer, blush, or highlighter makes a big difference. I also like to use a microdermabrasion kit to keep my skin looking soft and smooth. Another trick I like is to use a white shimmer pencil or shadow in the inner corners of my eyes to look more awake. You can apply the white shimmer on your brow bone for a more lifted, awake look too! All you need is a tiny bit. I've heard that a shimmery gold can work for this too :)