PDA

View Full Version : Intimate Shaving

jackie0411
07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Whenever i shave my bikini area, no matter how new the blade is or how often i clean it during the process, i always get really bad razor burn. I have tried using gels while shaving to stop the razor burn, but i still get it. It is very intense razor burn as well. If my underwear even rubs against it the wrong way i cringe. It also bleeds most of the time, and leaves little cuts.

Is there any products you have used that have helped to diminish this? Or is waxing a better option?

I would love any suggestions :)

sonic
07-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I would give waxing a try...i love the smoothness afterward. & with shaving i always seem to get alot of "ingrown" hair. ;-(

niknak77
07-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Try looking for a product intended to prevent razor bumps in the shave aisle, they are sometimes by the mens products-just be sure it is also suitable to women.

tUrRrRa
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I have a product called Coochie shaving cream that's pretty good! I used to get razor burn very easily, even on my legs, and eventually it stopped. First, I have to realize that I can NOT shave every day. Even if hair starts to grow back in, I have to wait and shave about every few days or I'll get razor burn. I just have sensitive skin, so I have to deal with it. To make hair regrowth less, I also have an epilator, but it doesn't seem to catch everything as well as shaving does (plus it hurts!).

I also find it helpful to shave in the direction hair grows. You won't get as close a shave, but it's less irritating. Only go over the area ONCE. If you shave over the same area (for example, if you feel that you missed a little bit), that can cause razor burn too.

Lastly, I wear very soft and comfortable underwear. I avoid any with tighter elastic bands that rub against the bikini line. I love "the lacie" thongs from Victorias Secret. They are a very soft lace that never irritate me after shaving. I hate any underwears with elastic edges because they always tend to irritate me after I shave my bikini line.

Hope this helps! I also use the Venus Breeze razor, which is pretty moisturizing. I still use the Coochie shave gel or a moisturizing body wash with this razor. I found that with more tries, I eventually had less and less irritation. If I go over the same area too much or try shaving more often, I get little nicks and bleed and then get the razor burn!

cryssierox
09-21-2009, 11:11 PM
i also have the same problem as jackie0411! i need help 2 plz!

Ding
09-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Use mens razors! Its the best switch I ever made - they are alot kinder to the skin. I use Mach 3 Gillette razors and find I have alot less razor burn than using the women's kind. Here is a routine I use that works for me:

When I shave I lather up then shave area once in direction the hair grows, then re-lather and shave in the opposite direction but (here is the important bit!) use really small strokes when going against the grain - don't drag all in one go like you would for your legs, just do about an inch at a time, then move on to the next bit. Also take your time, do it slowly and carefully. Then immediately after getting out of shower smooth on some cocoa butter body lotion and allow to sink in.

Ruralnefertiti
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I have tried the shaving option and ended up with horrid razor burn. I then tried Nair depilatory cream. It kind of worked. No razor burn but, patchy hair removal. I then tried Magic brand shave powder. Its marketed to African American men and I find it shelved with the relaxers and hair oils. You have to mix it into a paste and then apply, wait 6 minutes and rinse. There are different strengths and scents. I use the one that is silver. I must admit it has a chemical smell but works amazingly! Never have had razor burn since!

janetJ
10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I think I read this on here a while back -- but someone suggested using hair conditioner rather than shaving cream. I've been pretty successful with this method.

darrylann
11-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi jackie,

Put an intense hair conditioner on the area you want to shave and let it soak for about three minutes then shave...:angel:

Shkodekwe
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I use the Mach 3 razor as well. One trick that I found to work against the "burn" is to use a good roll on deoderant on the shaven area as soon as I get out of the shower. I havent' suffered since. Just a suggestion.

celestialkel
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
try using the Gillette Venus razor...it's like the Mach 3 for men, only in more feminine colors and the refills cost the same!...that is what I use, then I apply Gold Bond Medicated Powder or the cream and I NEVER get shaving bumps or rashes!:D