PDA

View Full Version : Red marks from waxing - weeks after - get rid of them?

qwerty3
07-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I waxed my upper lip and obviously it was too hot and it ripped off a little layer of my skin. I didn't even know at first, it didn't hurt.

However, the next days I eventually got a thin scab, which went away naturally (did not pick it off). But now I still have a red mark where the scab was. It's been a good month since the scab went away.

How can I make that red mark go away? Can I use a lotion or cream - maybe something with that alpha-hydroxy stuff? What about something like mederma or another scar treatment?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, it's embarrassing! Thanks in advance.

qwerty3
07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
hi huys! any advice??? i have been using the nuetrogena lotion stuff. will that help?

i also went to the derm. awhile back to get rid of red marks from acne. he gave me azelex to get rid of red marks. it worked. i am now off it; would it be possible to get o nthat to get rid of this..do you think it would help? please : (

EllieFrog
07-31-2009, 12:16 PM
I suggest you see a dermatologist again and have him/her prescribe a hydroqunone cream (skin bleaching cream) or even Retin-A, which will help fade the scar faster. I am not sure what Azelex is, but if it is anythinglike Retin-A than you can give that a try.