PDA

View Full Version : how to dye hair when the roots are growing out

jobi24
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
how to dye hair when the roots are growing out

MissS2
08-26-2009, 10:43 PM
It depends on whether your hair is one color or highlighted. I've never done an at-home touch-up for highlighted hair, though I would definitely consider seeing a salon to do it... hopefully at a reasonable price! =]

However, if your hair is generally one color- then you have quite a few options. You can select a specific kit for root touch-ups. It's easy for the most part, especially if you have someone willing to help you out.

However, I see root touch-ups as an opportunity to polish and freshen up my whole head of hair. So I'll get a box of hair color as close as I can to the color of my hair and just do an all-over color. Loreal Paris' Natural Match is excellent for this sort of thing. Hair comes out shiny and very nice! (Revlon Colorsilk is not a bad one either.)

Good luck on the touch-up! Have fun too =]

tUrRrRa
08-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Most at-home colors come with instructions for doing your roots! Many times, I see that they recommend applying the color at the roots only, letting it sit, and then about half-way through, applying color to the rest of your hair as well. That way any fading gets refreshed! In the past when I colored my hair at home, I usually just did the color ALL over, but I also usually used semi-permanent color, so the bottom would start to fade too. I've heard good things about the root touch-up kits meant specifically for this. Some of the ladies I work with have used it and liked it. I just highlight my hair at a salon, so I definitely don't do that at home since I am not experienced with that. Good luck!