PDA

View Full Version : How do I look more "grown" and older?

grownkid
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
First off, please don't say: "You're gonna be thankful for it later." I don't wanna look wrinkly kind of old, I wanna look like my age (i.e. more grown). When older people want to look young, they wanna look in their 20's, not in their early teens.

Anyway, I'm 23 and graduated college. I still look about 13 or 14. I'm not kidding you. I'm quite tall at about 6 and 6'1", but I guess with the combination of my face and body type, I just look like a 14 year old kid. People don't really see me as serious, especially looking for a job or something that commands authority. Heck, my parents don't even take me seriously. They even joke about "spanking" me sometimes. Not to my 16 year old brother though, he actually looks older than me, and it really PISSES me off whenever other people see him as older, and rely on him for help or whenever because he just happens to "Look more mature".

I dress nice, I have a military style buzz cut, so it's not the dress and it's not the hair. Any suggestions like specific lifestyle, diet, exercise or anything?

Thank you.

JohnR41
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Grownkid,

Many years ago my nephew had the same problem so he got himself a pair of eyeglasses, even though he had perfect vision. He bought glasses with plain glass and it did make him look a little older. At the time I didn't think to ask him where he got them but I suppose he got them from an optometrist.

Titchou
09-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd say the haircut contributes to the youthful look. Lots of kids are going for that style these days. And it can also make you are in the military which would also lend itself to your being younger. I second the glasses. Perhaps a beard?

tUrRrRa
09-09-2009, 06:44 AM
These are some great ideas. Glasses can definitely give more of a "mature" look or "serious" look. I know some people that wear them even with perfect vision, for the look of it. Facial hair is definitely another way to make sure you look a little older. As for your diet and exercise, you can always focus on building some lean muscle to just bulk up a little bit. As for what others think of you, they will just have to be pleasantly surprised! I find that even I often don't get taken serious a lot. I'm in my early 20's and work with a lot of people much older than I am. I'm often the same age as our interns. I think people often look at me and think I'll be the ditzy type, but I use that to my advantage and impress people with my work :)