View Full Version : please help me are theses moles cancer

08-30-2009, 08:49 AM
HI, my husband has had to moles on his head. they have been there as a child. about a year ago they started growing the are reayl bg now. they are black and flakey. sometimes a part of it would fall of and frow back . they are also veary uneven. he does not have helth insurence. i scared that it might be cancer. what do you think?
and what should i do/he do!

08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
He needs to have it checked. If you can't afford a private dermatologist, he can go to your local health department. Contact your local cancer association, they may offer free skin cancer screenings.

09-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Any mole that is black and flaky should be checked out immediately.
Any mole that shows any change in color, size or surface is of real concern.
Please have it checked immediately.
Best of luck to you and your husband.

09-14-2009, 08:16 AM
I agree with the other posters - your husband needs to get this checked out. I know it's tough when you have no health insurance, but there are things you can do. Do call your county health department. They can probably give you referrals to low cost/no cost clinics, and places offering skin screenings. This will at least get your husband screened so you know what you are dealing with. After that, if you need to, you can work out a plan of action.

Good luck!